Crispy Gau Gee
1 poundground pork
1⁄4 cupchopped green onion
1 cansliced water chestnuts drained (chopped)
1⁄4 poundfresh raw shrimp, peeled and devained (chopped fine)
1thumb sized piece of fresh ginger (peeled and chopped fine)
2 clovesgarlic (peeled and minced)
2 tablespoonsoyster sauce
48Won Ton wrappers
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the won-ton wrappers. Mix well.
- When done, lay out won-ton wrappers in batches of 12 and fill each with one rounded tablespoon of mixed pork hash in center of each wrapper.
- Using water and a moistened finger, wet edges of won-ton, fold in half and press edges to seal. Finish all 48 wrappers.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees and deep fry until won-tons are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with shoyu-mustard sauce.