Crispy Skin Salmon with Soy Citrus Sauce
- Take the salmon filet and dry them on a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a sauté pan to medium high heat. Add in the vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon in the pan skin side down. The pan should not be over crowded. If the filets won’t sit flat, then cook in batches.
- With the fish in the pan you should hear a light, easy sizzling sound. Leave the fish in the pan with the skin side down and cook for 6 minutes. When the flesh appears to be cooked ¾ way from the bottom up, flip the salmon and cook for 20 seconds.
- Remove and place on a platter skin side up. Drizzle with the shoyu, lemon and lime juice.
To dress up, you may garnish with namasu, or a nice salad of radish sprouts, chives and julienne carrots. Vegetables like bok choy, asparagus, sautéed spinach and rice are excellent accompaniments.