4 tablespoonsmaple syrup or pancake syrup
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
8 slices1/2 inch slices of French bread or banana bread or cinnamon raisin bread day old
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Place the mixture in a flat 9"x13" pan.
- Place slices in the pan, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a sheet pan, while finishing the final slices. If there is any extra custard, drizzle over the slices and allow it to soak into the bread.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and fruit.