Fresh Asparagus and Wild Mushroom with Sesame and Nicoise Olives
1 tablespoonolive oil
1 poundassorted wild mushrooms, stems removed and cut into quarters (fresh shiitakes, Ali‘i, oysters, portabella, crimini)
2 clovesgarlic cloves, peeled and sliced paper thin
1splash Madeira or dry white wine
1 bunchpencil asparagus, cut in 2 inch segments, blanched
1 cupnicoise olives, pitted and chopped
1 teaspoonsesame seeds, toasted
1 teaspoonfresh thyme leaves
- Heat the olive oil until it begins to smoke.
- Add in the mushrooms and wait 10 seconds before tossing.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the sliced garlic and deglaze the pan with a splash of the wine.
- Add the asparagus and heat through.
- Add in the olives, sesame seeds, thyme, and season to taste.