Fried Local Onions with Creamy Kochujang Sauce
1. Combine the onions and buttermilk and allow to sit overnight.
2. Combine the mayonnaise and kochujang sauce and mix until incorporated. Refrigerate.
3. Combine the flour, salt, ground pepper and granulated garlic.
4. Place the oil in a pot (ensuring that you have a 3 inch depth of oil) and heat to medium high heat.
5. Prepare a platter lined with paper towels.
6. In small batches, take onions, remove excess buttermilk and dredge in the seasoned flour.
7. Remove excess flour and then fry until golden brown. Drain.
8. Continue in small batches until all the onions are done.
9. Serve with the creamy kochujang sauce.