Fried Pork Chops
1⁄2 cupAll Purpose Flour
1 teaspoongarlic salt
1 teaspoongranulated garlic
4center-cut pork loin rib chops 7 oz., 3/4 inch thick
dashHawaiian salt as needed
dashfresh ground pepper
- Mix flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Dredge pork chops in flour mixture (do not shake off excess).
- Pour vegetable or peanut oil in a heavy gauge frying pan to a 1/2 inch depth.
- Heat the oil to medium high, about 350˚.
- Fry pork chops in oil until golden brown and cooked through (about 5 minutes per side).