4Ahi Filet (4-5 ounces each, 3/4 inch thick)
4 clovesgarlic, minced
2 tablespoonsgreen onion slices
1⁄4lemon (optional )
- Pat the ahi filet dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides evenly with garlic salt.
- Heat a pan with a ¼ inch layer of vegetable oil to medium high heat.
- Fry the ahi in batches, approximately 2 minutes per side. (if you want your ahi on the rare side, increase the heat, and drop the cooking time by half on each side.)
- Place the Ahi on a plate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the chopped garlic. Allow the garlic to sizzle for 1 minute.
- Pour the garlic and oil over the ahi.
- Drizzle the ahi with the shoyu and sprinkle over with the green onion slices.
- Optional: Squeeze a lemon on top of the ahi.