Gon Lo Mein
Perfect for pot luck
|6||each||green onions, chopped|
|4||each||celery stalks, slivered|
|1⁄2||Cup||Chinese snow peas, sliced|
|2||each||carrots, peeled and thinly julienned|
|2||each||ready to eat chow mein noodles, Crown Noodle brand preferred, 10 oz.|
|3⁄4||Pound||char siu, thinly sliced|
|Each||sesame seeds, as needed|
- Combine the two oils.
- Heat half of the combined oils in wok.
- Add all vegetables; stir-fry for 2 minutes (Make sure the pan is very hot. You want to light char some of the pieces).
- Season with 1/2 salt.
- Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Reheat the wok until it starts to smoke and add in the rest of the oil.
- Add in the chow mein noodles, and again, let them lightly char.
- If the wok is small, you may need to do it in small batches.
- Combine the noodles and veggies.
- Mix with the oyster sauce evenly.
- Place on a platter and garnish with char siu, Chinese parsley, and sesames seeds.