A deliciously minty chilled pie with a chocolate cookie crust
|1||bag||mini marshmallows, 10.5 oz. bag|
|5||Tablespoon||Crème de Menthe|
- Place the Oreo cookies and melted butter into a food processor and blend until it resembles coarse sand.
- Prepare a 9" pie mold with spray grese and press the Oreo cookie crumbs into the pie shell firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave proof container combine the marshmallows and milk together and heat for 2 minutes.
- With a whisk whip the marshmallow mixture to bring it together.
- Return the container to the microwave and heat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Whip to combine.
- The marshmallows should be completely melted.
- Pour the hot marshmallow mixture into a bowl and place over an iced water bath to cool down.
- At this time add the Crème de Menthe into the marshmallow mixture and blend well.
- While the marshmallow mixture is cooling down, whip 1 cup of the heavy cream to a firm peak.
- You can do this by hand with a full hand whip or with a mixer with a whip attachment.
- When the marshmallow mixture is cold to the touch, pour it into the whipped cream and whip until just blended together.
- Remove the Oreo crust from the refrigerator and pour the grasshopper mixture into the shell.
- Refrigerate over night or at least 6 hours without moving.
- After the grasshopper pie has set completely whip the remaining cup of heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla extract until firm peaks form.
- Do not over whip.
- Garnish the pie with the whipped cream.
- Top with chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips if desired.