Full of spring flavors, Chef Keoni Chang's rhubarb compote really complements this delicious grilled chicken!
|6||each||Boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves|
| ||each||salt and pepper|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh lemon juice|
|1||Teaspoon||fresh or dry thyme|
| ||each||olive oil|
|2||Cup||fresh rhubarb diced 1/2" thick|
|1||Tablespoon||orange zest, grated|
|1||Teaspoon||fresh ginger, chopped|
|1||Teaspoon||jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2||each||shallots, minced or 1/2 cup minced onion|
|3||Cup||fresh strawberries quartered|
|2||Tablespoon||fresh basil leaves, sliced|
- Preheat the grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Marinate with lemon juice, thyme, and oil.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, or for best results, overnight is recommended.
- Place all compote ingredients except for 1 ½ cups of strawberries, 1 cup of rhubarb, and basil in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring every so often for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Cool for 5 minutes then stir in the basil and the remaining strawberries and rhubarb.
- Grill chicken about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with rhubarb compote and wild rice.