Grilled Jerk Jumbo Shrimp
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Prepare shrimp by making a very thin incision using the top of a paring knife through the top shell into the flesh along the vein. Keeping the shell on, rinse the vein out.
- Marinate between 2 sealable plastic bags.
- Seal bags, pressing out excess air, then turn bags over several times to distribute marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for one day.
- Let shrimp stand at room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat grill to high, adjust heat as needed.
- Cook shrimp until weel browned and lightly charred on all sides, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with salsa.
It is important to use colossal shrimp with the shell on. If you use smaller shrimp, you may run the risk of the shrimp burning to quickly and drying out. The shell will protect the meat from burning and keep it juicy. The light charring on the shell will give the flesh a nice smoky flavor.