Grilled Steak, Creamy Smashed Cucumbers and Sangria
Grilled Flank Steak
- Prepare your grill according to fuel type, gas or wood.
- Season the steak with salt, garlic powder, onion, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill to desired temperature. 120F for medium rare.
- Allow the steak to rest 5-10 minutes. Slice on a bias, against the grain. Serve.
Smashed Cucumber Salad with Creamy Sesame Dressing
- Using a rolling pin or similar, smash the cucumbers just enough to bruise them.
- Break the cucumber up into bite size pieces. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and toss.
- Adjust seasoning to preference.
Optional: garnish with more sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Red Wine Sangria
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve in glasses with some of the fruit.