Hawaiian Style Shrimp Curry
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Combine white wine and oil and add shrimp. Marinate for about 15 minutes
- Pan fry curry powder in a medium frying pan. Remove shrimp from marinade and add to pan. When shrimp turns pink, remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pot. Add garlic, ginger, and onion and cook until the onion is soft, but do not let it caramelize.
- Whisk in sugar, salt, curry powder and flour.
- Slowly whisk in coconut milk, a little at a time so the sauce stays smooth.
- Continue cooking, stirring often for about 20 minutes on a low boil so the sauce gets thick. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add chicken broth or more coconut milk to reach desired thickness.
- Add shrimp to sauce, stir and heat through, bringing to a gentle boil.
- Serve over hot rice with the garnishes of your choice.
Adapted from Willow's style shrimp curry recipe from "A Taste of Aloha: A Collection of Recipes from the Junior League of Honolulu"