1large lemon, juiced
1⁄4 cuptahini paste (you may substitute with unsweetened unsalted peanut butter and a dash of sesame oil)
1 canchickpeas, aka garbanzo beans, drained (15 oz. can)
1 clovegarlic (with green inner germ removed), minced
2 tablespoonsolive oil
1⁄4 teaspoonground cumin
1 dashground paprika for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini or peanut buter and lemon juice to warm up and loosen. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl as necessary to keep the product smooth and even.
- Add the chick peas and garlic and puree. Continue to puree and scrape intermittently until the beans are smooth.
- Puree in the olive oil, salt and cumin. Taste for seasoning and adjust consistency with additional olive oil or water.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with pita or crackers.