Kahuku Garlic Shrimp
10shell-on U-15 (extra large) shrimp, Deveined from the back side
10 clovesgarlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1⁄4 teaspoonCayenne Pepper
1⁄2butter, cut into slices
- Take cleaned shrimp and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Mix the flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix lightly with your hands and coat each piece of shrimp on both sides. The shrimp should only have a very light dusting. You are not trying to make a batter or crust.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and wait for it to start to foam.
- Lay the shrimp in the pan in a single layer and let the shrimp cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the garlic over the pan. Once the shrimp are golden on the bottom, flip over and cook 3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the shrimp and serve on rice. Pour the butter garlic mix over the shrimp and serve with lemons.