Kakimochi Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1⁄2 cupAll Purpose Flour
1 teaspoonbaking soda
1⁄2 cupbutter, soft
1⁄2 cupwhite sugar
1⁄2 cupBrown Sugar
1 teaspoonvanilla extract
2 cupsKakimochi (mochi crunch, arare, etc.)
1 cupchocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla mix on low until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Stir in the Kakimochi and chocolate chips.
- Drop by level tablespoon or small scooper on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle furikake and/or extra kakimochi on top.
- Bake cookies at 350F for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely. Store cookies in an air tight container.