- In a large bowl, mix the salt and won bok and let it sit for a few minutes. Add water to the bowl to completely submerge the won bok. Weigh it down with a plate and let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove won bok from water and rinse thoroughly. Drain won bok in colander, squeezing as much water from the leaves as possible.
- In a clean large bowl combine the drained won bok, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, green onions, chili powder, sugar and salt. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pack into jars, pushing down to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate.
- Let sit for 2 to 3 days before serving.
Kimchee is best for eating straight for about 3 weeks. Once the kimchee is too fermented to eat alone, use as a cooking ingredient for things like soup or fried rice.