Korean Style Gogi Dogs with Kim Chee Slaw
2 tablespoonslow-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoonlime juice
1small ripe Haas avocado
4hot dog buns
headerKim Chee Slaw
1 1⁄2 cupNapa cabbage, finely sliced
2 tablespoonsred onion, finely sliced
1⁄2 cupkim chee, finely sliced
1 teaspoonkim chee juice
1⁄4 teaspoongarlic and sea salt
2 teaspoonsrice wine vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoontoasted sesame oil
1 teaspoontoasted sesame seeds
1 teaspooncanola oil
2 tablespoonsfinely sliced scallions
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add in the hot dogs and slowly cook for 2 minutes to caramelize and heat through.
- Add in the soy sauce, sugar and lime juice and allow to reduce and glaze the sausage.
- Thinly slice avocado and reserve for topping.
Kim Chee Slaw
- Combine all the ingredients and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Open the hot dog buns and place one hot dog in each. Carefully arrange the avocado slices on each of the hot dogs.
- Garnish each dog with kim chee slaw and a few scallion curls. Place on 4 plates. Finish each plate with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.