Local Ground Beef & Watercress
2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
1⁄2 cupOnion, minced
1 poundLocal Ground Beef
1 teaspoongarlic salt
1 tablespoonginger, chopped
2 teaspoonsfish sauce
1⁄2 bunchfresh Watercress
1Block of firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- In a heavy-gauge pot, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces, and cook until browned. Season with garlic salt.
- Add ginger, sugar and fish sauce, and stir together.
- Add the watercress and allow it to wilt.
- Add the shoyu and simmer for 3 minutes.
- If adding in tofu, stir in the tofu and allow to warm through.
- Adjust seasoning. Serve with hot rice.