Local Smoked Ahi Bruschetta with Big Island Hearts of Palm Relish
1⁄4 cupdiced Ho Farms Japanese cucumbers
1⁄4 cupdiced red bell peppers
1⁄4 cupdiced yellow bell peppers
1 tablespoondiced red onion
1⁄4 cupdiced Big Island hearts of palm
2 tablespoonsof your favorite vinaigrette, such as italian
6 tablespoonsolive oil
18 ounce container KokoHead Foods Smoked Ahi Spread
161/2 ounce slice Swiss cheese or favorite melting cheese
8sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- To make the Hearts of Palm Relish: In a mixing bowl, combine cucumbers, bell peppers, onion and hearts of palm. Toss with vinaigrette. Relish can be made up to two hours in advance.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brush baguette slices with olive oil.
- Bake bread slices on a sheet pan for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and spread 1 tablespoon of Smoked Ahi Spread on each slice.
- Turn on your broiler setting on your oven. Top each piece with a slice of cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
- Spoon a little Hearts of Palm Relish over melted cheese, and top with a slice of tomato. Garnish with chives and serve.