Mac Nut Brittle
1 poundunsalted butter
1⁄2 cupcorn syrup
2 cupsGranulated Sugar
2 cupsMacadamia Nuts, diced
1 teaspoonkosher salt
- Toast the macadamia nuts until they are golden brown.
- Heat the butter corn syrup water until the butter is completely melted
- Add in the sugar and heat on high until the sugar starts to caramelize, about 30 minutes. Make sure to stir in the beginning so the sugar does not burn. Once it starts to boil, let syrup boil until it has reached desired color or the candy thermometer reaches 240F.
- Once the toffee has caramelized, add in the toasted macadamia nuts and carefully stir in.
- Immediately pour onto a silicone mat or parchement paper and spread it out to the desired thickness. Allow to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Once the toffee has cooled, break into desired portions and seal in bags or place into an air tight container for up to 5 days. If you have a vacuum sealer, this would be the best way to preserve the toffee for a longer period of time.