Maika’i Glazed Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms
1 1⁄2 poundbaby portabella mushrooms
1 teaspoonMaika'i Garlic (chopped)
1⁄2 cupMaika'i Glazed Pecans (chopped and save an additional 25 whole pecan pieces)
8 ouncesgoat cheese
1 tablespoonfresh sage
4 tablespoonsolive oil
1⁄4 teaspoonBlack Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prep mushrooms by carefully breaking off stems. Chop stems fine, discarding tough stems.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, pecans, mushrooms stems and sage. Cook, while stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until everything has softened.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the mushroom stem mixture, goat cheese, salt and black pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Place mushroom caps on a large baking sheet. Working with one mushroom at a time, brush both inside and outside with oil and stuff with 1 teaspoon of filling. Place on center rack and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese turns a nice golden brown.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, top with a whole glazed pecan.