Mango Mac Nut Bread
2 cupsall-purpose flour
2 teaspoonsbaking soda
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
3eggs, well beaten
1 cupcanola oil
1 teaspoonlemon juice
1 cupGranulated Sugar
1⁄2 cupdark brown sugar
2 cupspeeled and diced fresh very ripe mango
2 teaspoonsfresh grated ginger
1⁄2 cupMacadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon into a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil, lemon juice, milk and sugars and mix with dry ingredients until well blended. It is okay to have tiny lumps. Do not over mix or the bread will be tough.
- Fold in mango, ginger, and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake for 20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick. The bread is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, unmold and let completely cool on baking racks.