2 3⁄4 cupsAll Purpose Flour
2 tablespoonssugar, granulated
12 ouncesunsalted butter (3 sticks); cold
5 tablespoonswhole milk
- Cut up unsalted butter; keep very cold.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients; until it resembles coarse sand.
- Combine egg yolk and whole milk in a separate container.
- Add wet ingredients into butter-flour mixture.
- Mix until combined. Knead a few times bring together.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour; over night is best.
- Divide into 16 portions.
- Flatten each portion of dough into a circle by hand; thinner on the edges.
- Place 1 T of filling into middle of the dough. Bring edges and crimp together. Round nicely.
- Arrange on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Glaze each manju with egg wash.
- Bake at 350F for 18-25 minutes; or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving.