Melting Moments Cookies
1 1⁄4 cupall-purpose flour
1⁄3 cupconfectioners sugar
1 cupunsalted butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoonpure vanilla extract
1 cupconfectioners sugar (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 350 º F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats, or use parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Add pure vanilla extract and the flour mixture then mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least one hour or until it is quite firm.
- Take out the refrigerated dough roll into 1 inch balls and place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets spacing -1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until edges of the cookies start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let them sit in the pan for a couple of minutes and then put on a rack to cool.
- To finish the cookies, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar or toss the whole cookies in powdered sugar and dust off excess.