- Heat a large wok or sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Stir fry the garlic and onions until the onions turn clear. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add cabbage and carrots and cook until wilted.
- Add the shredded chicken pieces and shrimp (if using). Lightly stir fry 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture onto a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into the heated wok. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add rice sticks, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Boil for another 5 minutes or so until there is approximately 1/4 cup stock left.
- Add the meat mixture back into the wok. Lightly toss until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste, lemon juice and sliced green onions.
Calamansi juice can add a really nice bright citrus flavor to the pancit. If available, squeeze some Calamansi juice onto the pancit and toss just before serving.