Persimmon and Pomegranate Salad
3 tablespoonsfresh pomegranate juice
3 tablespoonssherry vinegar or high quality red wine vinegar
3 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
2small ripe Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced
2small shallots, thinly sliced
1⁄3 cuppomegranate seeds, approximately 1 small pomegranate
1⁄2lemon, for juicing
1⁄2 poundarugula or spring green salad (mesclun)
2⁄3 cupspecans, toasted and rough chopped
- In a small bowl, combine pomegranate juice, sherry vinegar, and salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss persimmons, sliced shallots, and pomegranate seeds with dressing; season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Gently toss with arugula.
- Arrange salad on a serving platter, and garnish with toasted pecans.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Also garnish with good quality blue cheese crumbles or firm goat cheese slices.