Pineapple Mango Chutney
3 tablespoonsvegetable oil
1medium red onion, diced
1 teaspoonchili flakes
1⁄4 cuppeeled and finely chopped ginger
2 cupslocal pineapple, diced
1large ripe local mango, peeled, and diced
1Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1⁄2 cupgolden raisins, soaked in ½ cup apple juice until soft
1⁄2 tablespoonground allspice
1 tablespooncurry powder
1⁄2 teaspoonkosher salt
3⁄4 cupsapple cider vinegar
1⁄2 cuplight brown sugar
2 tablespoonsfinely sliced mint
- In a medium sauce pot heat the oil and add the chili flakes and onions and sweat until onions are translucent. Add the ginger and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the mint.
- Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a bare simmer and reduce for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Continue to simmer until the mixture thickens and looks shiny. Cool and stir in the mint.
- Adjust sweetness or sourness with more brown sugar or cider vinegar.