Redfish Cucumber Zuke
2 poundsJapanese cucumber
3 tablespoonsMomoya Kim Chee Base
1 tablespoonsesame oil
1 tablespoonGreen Onions or Chives, chopped
1 tablespoontoasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoonskosher salt
- Cut cucumbers into medallions and place into a mixing bowl.
- Toss cucumber medallions with kosher salt and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Drain out all liquid, do not rinse cucumbers off.
- Add Momoya kim chee base, sesame oil, green onions and sesame seeds and toss together.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and let rest for 20 minutes. Toss the Cucumber Zuke every 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
- The longer the Cucumber Zuke sits in the sauce, the more flavorful it will be. Keep refrigerated and enjoy for up to 10 days.