Roasted Beet Poke
1 tablespoonfresh ogo, chopped
1 tablespoongreen onion, finely sliced
1 teaspoonAlaea Salt
1 teaspoonchili flakes
1 tablespoonmacadamia nut oil
1⁄2 teaspoonginger, minced
1⁄2 teaspoongarlic, minced
1 tablespoonvegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°f and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Rub beet with vegetable oil evenly. Place beet on pan and into the oven.
- Roast beet for about an hour and check if it’s done by poking beet with toothpick or fork. (Toothpick will slide in smooth when cooked.)
- When beet is cooked, place in refrigerator to cool down.
- Once beet is cold, peel the beet and cut into 1 inch cubes then place in a mixing bowl. (Use gloves to peel and cut beet so hands don’t turn red.)
- Combine beets with ogo, green onions, inamona, alaea salt, chili flakes, macadamia nut oil, ginger and garlic.
- Make sure to mix until evenly incorporated and serve on a plate or bowl.