Roasted Pear & Arugula Salad with Cave Aged Gruyere
2firm pears, halved and seeded
6 tablespoonsred wine vinegar
1 teaspoondijon mustard
1⁄2 cupolive oil
4 bunchesarugula, cleaned and dried
3⁄4 cupsshelled walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven at the low broiler setting.
- Place pear halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet and brush them with honey.
- Place pan in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Slice the pears lengthwise into half inch slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette.
- Plate salad individually with pear slices and toasted walnuts sprinkled on top.
- Garnish with thin slices of the gruyere or Romano cheese.
- Note: This salad is also excellent with paper thin slices of prosciutto.