Roy’s Curry Roasted Game Hen with Fried Garlic Rice
2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
1 teaspooncurry powder
1⁄2 teaspoonground all spice
1 teaspoonfinely minced garlic
headerFried Garlic Rice
5 tablespoonssesame oil
2 tablespoonsfinely minced garlic
1 teaspoonfinely minced ginger
2 cupscooked rice
1 bunchcilantro leaves, chopped
1 cupgreen onions, chopped
10fresh basil, chopped
5 tablespoonsfish sauce
- Combine all ingredients together and marinate game hen for 1 hour, turning occasionally so that all sides are coated with ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place game breast side up in a roasting pan with marinade and bake for 40 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and fried garlic rice.
- For extra flavor stuff hen with rice and 1 Tbsp. of butter before cooking.
Fried Garlic Rice
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan. Add sesame oil, garlic and ginger
- Fry garlic and ginger until golden brown and crispy.
- Quickly add in ride and break apart with spoon until it is coated with the garlic oil mixture. Note: To prevent garlic from burning you may remove the pan from heat while you are mixing the rice.
- After garlic is well incorporated add cilantro, green onions, basil and fish sauce and combine well until all the rice is coated.