Roy’s Szechuan Garlic Chicken with Eggplant & Sesame Tofu
4large boneless chicken thighs
2 tablespoonssesame oil
1⁄2 teaspoonfresh ginger, grated
2 clovesgarlic, finely minced
1⁄2 teaspoongarlic salt
1green onion, finely chopped
1 1⁄2 cupmochiko flour
3medium Japanese eggplants
4 tablespoonssesame oil
2 clovesgarlic, thinly sliced
1⁄2large red bell pepper, diced
1⁄2large yellow bell pepper, diced
1 cuplong beans, cut into 1"pieces
1⁄2 bunchcilantro, chopped
1 poundchoi sum, leaves only
1⁄2 cupfirm tofu, diced
3 tablespoonssesame seeds
4 tablespoonsblack bean garlic sauce
2 tablespoonshoisin sauce
2 tablespoonsgarlic chili paste
2green onions, finely minced
- Cut boneless chicken thighs into 1” pieces.
- Combine with sesame oil, ginger, garlic, garlic salt and green onions.
- Marinate chicken for 15 minutes, then drain well.
- Whip egg whites until foamy.
- Dip chicken pieces into eggs whites, then coat with mochiko flour.
- Heat oil to 350°.
- Fry chicken until crisp, about 4 minutes.
Eggplant & Tofu
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise, then on the bias.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and eggplant slices.
- Stir fry until garlic is brown.
- Add peppers, long beans, cilantro and choi sum.
- Stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add Szechuan Sauce, tofu and sesame seeds.
- Toss with crispy noodles and fried garlic chips.
- Combine ingredients and mix well