Salt and Pepper Pork Chops
- Combine the marinade and the pork chops. Mix well. Let the pork marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, ¼ teaspoon regular salt and the ground white pepper.
- Heat the oil on medium high to 350 degrees measured with a frying thermometer.
- When the oil is ready, dredge each pork chop in the flour mixture and slowly place 2 of the pork chops in the oil. Fry them for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness. The pork chops should be golden brown.
- Once the pork chops are cooked through, remove them with a slotted spatula and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Continue cooking the remaining pork chops.
- After all the pork is cooked, remove all of the oil from the wok and wipe it clean from excess flour.
- Add back 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat this oil on high.
- When the oil is hot, add the red jalapeno pepper, remaining 2 teaspoons salt and green onions. Stir fry everything for just one minute.
- Then return the pork chops to the wok. Gently stir to coat the chops and let them cook for just 1 to 2 minutes, then remove them and serve.
The amounts of salt and pepper can be adjusted to your preference.