Scratch Made Caesar Salad with Seared Ahi
- In a large salad bowl, add in the yolk, garlic, dijon mustard, anchovy, salt, pepper, tabasco and worcestershire sauce and lemon. Whisk with a fork.
- While whisking, slowly add in the olive oil in a thin stream. You will see it emulsify into the egg mixture. Continue to slowly add in the oil until it is incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper. You may adjust the consistency with more lemon juice or water.
- Add in the romaine and using a fork and spoon, toss to dress.
- Place the salad on plates or a serving platter.
- Garnish with the croutons and cheese.
- Arrange the Ahi slices over the salad. Serve.
Note: You may make the dressing on it's own in larger batches and use as needed. Dressing will keep 1 week refrigerated. For ease, you may also make the dressing in a food processor.