Scratch Made Caesar Salad with Seared Ahi
1. In a large salad bowl, add in the yolk, garlic, dijon mustard, anchovy, salt, pepper, tabasco and worcestershire sauce and lemon. Whisk with a fork.
2. While whisking, slowly add in the olive oil in a thin stream. You will see it emulsify into the egg mixture. Continue to slowly add in the oil until it is incorporated.
3. Season with salt and pepper. You may adjust the consistency with more lemon juice or water.
4. Add in the romaine and using a fork and spoon, toss to dress.
5. Place the salad on plates or a serving platter.
6. Garnish with the croutons and cheese.
7. Arrange the Ahi slices over the salad. Serve.
Note: You may make the dressing on it's own in larger batches and use as needed. Dressing will keep 1 week refrigerated. For ease, you may also make the dressing in a food processor.