Seared Ahi Nicoise Salad and Avocado Relish
headerSeared Ahi Nicoise Salad
4 ouncesFresh Ahi, seasoned and seared 1 minute on each side
2Heads Manoa lettuce, cleaned with core removed
1White or red potato, blanched fork tender and sliced
1Roma tomato sliced, or 6 grape tomatoes halved
1Properly boiled egg, chopped
2 tablespoonsOf your favorite olives (classically nicoise, not California olives) chopped
1⁄4 cupGreen beans, properly blanched and sliced
1 pinchThinly sliced red onion
4 tablespoonsRed wine vinaigrette
1 tablespoonAvocado relish
1 pinchGrated parmesan cheese, to taste
1 teaspoongarlic, chopped
1 teaspoonMinced onion
1⁄2 teaspoonJalapeno flesh, minced
1⁄4 teaspoonlime juice
1 dasholive oil
1salt and pepper, to taste
For Seared Ahi Nicoise Salad and Avocado Relishd
- Toss the Manoa lettuce with half of the vinaigrette dressing.
- Line it neatly on a plate.
- Lay the potatoes neatly around the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, egg, olives, green beans and onion around the lettuce near rim of the plate.
- Slice the seared ahi neatly on a bias and place it on top of the lettuce.
- Finish with a nice dollop of the avocado relish, a sprinkle of grated parmesan, and a drizzle of the last 2 Tbsp. of vinaigrette dressing.