Shrimp and Asparagus with Chinese Black Beans
1 tablespoonvegetable oil
1 tablespoonfermented black beans, rough chopped
1 tablespoonfresh ginger chopped
1large garlic clove ( peeled and chopped)
1 poundasparagus (trimmed of woody stem and sliced into 2 inch pieces on a bias)
1 poundlarge shrimp, 21/25 size (peeled and deveined)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- When the oil begins to lightly smoke, add in the black beans, ginger and garlic and allow to sizzle for 30 seconds.
- Add in the asparagus and toss, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and toss until they are opaque, 2 minutes.
- Season with the shoyu and oyster sauce.
- Place on a platter and garnish with green onions.