Shrimp and Asparagus with Chinese Black Beans and Scallions
3⁄4 poundsu-15 Shrimp or 21/25 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1⁄2 poundasparagus (woody parts cut off, tender parts cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
4 tablespoonsChinese fermented black beans (roughly chopped)
1thumb sized piece of fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
3stalks of scallions (cut into 1 inch pieces)
4 tablespoonsvegetable oil
- Heat a 12-inch saute pan or wok to high heat.
- When a few drops of water sizzle and evaporate in the pan, add in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. When the oil shimmers, add in the shrimp in a single layer. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Allow the shrimp to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Toss to flip the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from heat and place on a dish.
- Reheat the pan and add in 2 more tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add in the asparagus and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add in the black beans, ginger and scallion and toss.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and toss to combine.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice.