Shrimp Dynamite Stixs
24large shrimp, peeled and butterflied leaving the tail intact
6 ouncescrab meat, cleaned and squeezed dry
1⁄2 teaspoonColeman's mustard powder
1⁄4 teaspoontogarashi pepper spice
4 ouncessmoked salmon
2 tablespoonswasabi paste
1⁄2 teaspoonwasabi oil
Dynamite Shrimp Stix
- Skewer shrimp starting at the tail side so that the shrimp remains flat.
- Poach the shrimp in seasoned water for 2 minutes and stop the cooking by submerging in ice water.
- Dry the shrimp thoroughly.
- Mix crab, mayonnaise, mustard, togarashi and salt; reserve on the side.
- For Wasabi Dynamite, mix mayonnaise, wasabi paste and wasabi oil; reserve.
- Wrap the shrimp with a strip of thinly sliced smoked salmon.
- Place a ½ teaspoon of the crab mixture on the shrimp.
- Dollop a small amount of the dynamite on the crab mixture to cover.
- Before serving, place shrimp on a sheet pan and broil until dynamite turns golden brown.
- Garnish each shrimp individually with tobiko, mint or chiso leaves.