Soba Noodle Salad with Cooked Salmon
1soba noodles, 12 oz.
1 tablespoonsesame oil
6 ouncescucumber, seeded and julienned (about1 1/2 cups)
1red bell pepper, julienned (about 1 cup)
5scallions, julienned (1/2 cup)
1 cupsoba noodle dressing
2 tablespoonssesame seeds, lightly toasted
6fresh mint, picked
6fresh cilantro, picked
12 ouncescooked salmon (1 1/2 cups)
1⁄2 cuplight soy sauce
1⁄2 cuprice wine vinegar
1⁄4 cuppure roasted sesame oil
- Prepare an ice water bath; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add soba noodles, and cook until al dente according to package directions.
- Drain, and transfer to ice bath to cool quickly.
- Drain again, and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, tossing lightly to coat.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, scallions, dressing, sesame seeds and herbs.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Place on a platter, garnish with cooked salmon and avocado.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk to combine.