Steamed Salmon with Kaffir Lime
2 tablespoonsbrown sugar
4thick salmon fillets, square shaped, 6 oz.
4ti leaf, for steaming
4green onions, cut into 1/16" ribbons
1⁄2 cuppeanut oil
6fresh kaffir lime leaves, cut into 1/16" ribbons
3serrano chiles, 1/16" slices
1 tablespoonginger, cut into 1/16" ribbons
1 tablespoongarlic, 1/16" slices
- Set up a steamer that can hold the 4 salmon fillets.
- Mix lime juice, salt, brown sugar and water.
- Add the fillets to the steamer (should be lined with it leaf), top with the green onions and steam for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, heat the peanut oil until almost smoking.
- Mix the kaffir, chile, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- First plate the salmon and right before serving, add the seasoning mix to the hot oil, mix and immediately pour over the salmon.
- Lightly drizzle with fish sauce.