Stove Top Frittata
- Heat a 6 inch non stick skillet to medium high heat.
- Add in the olive oil and then sauté the mushroom for 2 minutes.
- Add in the grape tomatoes, green onions, Portuguese sausage and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and the eggs and lightly stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- As the eggs start to set on the edges, run a rubber spatula around the edges to loosen the egg from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs have set in the center and still have a light jiggle (imagine jello ).
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Gently flip the pan over onto a plate.
- Slice the frittata and serve.
Frittata can be made with any combination of meats and vegetables. If you find that your frittata likes to stick to the pan, make sure your pan is not scratched and spray the pan with pan release. To dress up the frittata, you can garnish with more cheese, fresh herbs and even salsa.