Strawberry Tapioca Pudding
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil then add in the tapioca pearls. Continue to boil for about 20 minutes or until the pearls are almost completely clear. It is ok if they are still a bit white in the center. Pour through a strainer and rinse with cold water then pour into a bowl. Set aside until needed.
2. Wash strawberries and remove the green. Place into a food processor or blender and puree to a smooth consistence – no lumps. Add in the Mirin, sugar and vanilla bean or vanilla extract. Puree strawberries and pulse until the sugar in completely dissolved.
3. Pour the strawberry puree mixture into the tapioca and mix well making sure all the pearls are separated from each other. Add in the julienned mint.
4. Spoon pudding into dessert bowls or glasses. Top with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and the diced strawberries.
5. Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
This can be made several days in advance and stored in the refrigerator covered. Garnish just before serving.