Sweet Potato Salad With Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
1 poundOkinawan sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
1 poundregular sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
1 teaspoonchili powder
1 teaspoonground cumin
1⁄8 cupcilantro leaves, chopped
1juice from 1 lime
1Red pepper, seeded and cut into 1” slices
1 tablespoonScallions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoonginger, peeled and chopped
1⁄3 cupextra virgin olive oil
- Place the peeled sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Salt the water and simmer the potatoes until just tender, about 7-10 minutes (do not overcook or the salad will be mushy and fall apart).
- Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add all ingredients and toss to incorporate.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving.