Sweet Sour Spare Ribs
- Cut spareribs into 1.5"-2" pieces or have your butcher cut the ribs for you.
- Dredge spareribs in flour and brown them in a thick gauge pot large enough to hold all the ribs. You will probably have to brown the ribs in small batches.
- When all ribs are browned, place spareribs back into pan and add in the cider vinegar, water, salt, sugar, shoyu, garlic, ginger and Chinese black beans. Bring to a boil then simmer gently until the ribs are tender, approximately 1- 1 ½ hours.
- Add pineapple chunks with juice into pan and sliced dikon and cook until the dikon in tender.
- Combine cornstarch with water and add to spare ribs. Bring sauce to a full boil to properly thicken the cornstarch.
This dish is best when cooked a day in advance.