Thai Style Beef Lettuce Wraps
1 poundboneless short ribs sliced into 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips
1 tablespooncooking oil
2 tablespoonssoy sauce
1 tablespoonoyster sauce
1⁄2 teaspoonfish sauce
1 tablespoondry sherry or whiskey
3 tablespoonslime juice
1small garlic clove (finely minced)
3Thai chili (thinly sliced)
- Combine the beef with the oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sherry, sugar and sriracha. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce. Combine the water, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, garlic, and chili. Place in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Carefully peel off the lettuce leaves from the iceberg lettuce head. Be careful not to break the leaves.
- Heat a non-skillet on high and quickly sauté the beef in batches for approximately 1-2 minutes per batch. With each batch, clean the pan to prevent burning and scorching in the pan.
- Immediately serve the beef with the Manoa lettuce leaves, sauce and the garnish. Pass the leaves and let guests build their own wrap starting with beef, then garnish, and a drizzle of sauce.