Toasted Coconut Shrimp Salad
headerToasted Coconut Shrimp
24large shrimp 16/20 size
2 cupspanko bread crumbs
1 cuptoasted coconut flakes
3 tablespoonsyellow curry powder
1lemongrass (white part only) finely minced
2Kaffir lime leaves
1 teaspoongarlic powder
1 teaspoonground ginger
1 teaspooncilantro, chopped
3 cupsvegetable oil
3small heads butter lettuce
1English cucumber, thinly sliced
1 cupdaikon, finely shredded
1 cupcarrots, finely shredded
Toasted Coconut Shrimp
- Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp.
- Combine panko and coconut flakes in a bowl, reserving ¼ cup coconut flakes for garnish.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Lightly dredge shrimp in the flour mixture then dip in beaten eggs.
- Coat shrimp on both sides with panko mixture, pressing shrimp down so they are well coated.
- Refrigerate shrimp for 15 minutes.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil until brown and crispy, about 1 minute.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender, mix well.
- With blender on low speed, very slowly add oil. Dressing mixture will thicken.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
- Line individual salad bowls with butter lettuce.
- Spoon 1-2 Tbsp. Curry Dressing into bottom of bowls.
- Arrange cucumber, daikon and carrot on top of dressing.
- Top vegetables with four shrimp and reserved coconut.
- Add basil and mint leaves and more Curry Dressing.