Tomato Horseradish Bisque with Parmesan Crisps
2medium carrots, diced
1small onion, diced
1 tablespoongarlic, minced
3large tomatoes, diced
1 can14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 can8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 can6 oz. can tomato paste
1 teaspoonfresh oregano, chopped
1 teaspoonfresh thyme, chopped
4 cupsheavy cream
3 tablespoonsor 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoonsor 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 cupParmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in bay leaves, all tomato products and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, milk, and herbs. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in horseradish, Worcestershire Sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Puree soup in a blender, then stain through a sieve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick Silpat liner.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheet, so it covers most of the pan.
- Bake until cheese melts and barely begins to turn darker, about 5-7 minutes. Watch closely to make sure the crisps don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Break into chips, serve with Tomato Horseradish Bisque.