The classic wedge with a bit of protein
|1||each||head iceberg lettuce, cleaned and quartered|
|1||each||vine ripened tomato, diced into 1/2" pieces (Hamakua Springs tomatoes recommended)|
|4||Slice||crisped bacon, chopped or 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits|
|3||Slice||red onions, rinced with cool water and sliced paper thin|
|1⁄2||Cup||blue cheese crumbles|
|1||Cup||turkey slices, cut into strips|
|1⁄3||Cup||red wine vinegar|
- Store cleaned and quartered lettuce in the refrigerator and make sure it is very crisp and cold.
- When ready, place on a platter.
- Evenly scatter the tomatoes over the lettuce wedges.
- Follow with the bacon, red onion, blue cheese crumbles and turkey slices.
- Drizzle the salad with the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Finish with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Optional: Add chopped hard boiled egg, fresh avocado and kalamata olives.