Turkey and Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
1head iceberg lettuce, cleaned and quartered
1vine ripened tomato, diced into 1/2" pieces (Hamakua Springs tomatoes recommended)
4 slicescrisped bacon, chopped or 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits
3 slicesred onions, rinced with cool water and sliced paper thin
1⁄2 cupblue cheese crumbles
1 cupturkey slices, cut into strips
1⁄3 cupred wine vinegar
1⁄2 cupolive oil
- Store cleaned and quartered lettuce in the refrigerator and make sure it is very crisp and cold.
- When ready, place on a platter.
- Evenly scatter the tomatoes over the lettuce wedges.
- Follow with the bacon, red onion, blue cheese crumbles and turkey slices.
- Drizzle the salad with the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Finish with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Optional: Add chopped hard boiled egg, fresh avocado and kalamata olives.