Vietnamese Style Grilled Steak with Noodles
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the steaks for 6-8 hours.
- Boil the rice noodle in a kettle of salted water.
- While the noodles are boiling, combine the ingredients for the noodle sauce.
- Boil noodles until it is just tender and drain it in a colander.
- Rinse the noodles under cold water and drain it well.
- Heat a well seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until it is hot.
- Pat the steak dry, season with salt and pepper, and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are springy to the touch (for medium-rare meat).
- Alternatively the steaks may be grilled on an oiled rack set 4-5 inches over glowing coals for the same amount of time.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let them stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steaks into thin slices.
- Divide the noodles between 2 bowls.
- Garnish the noodles with mint and torn lettuce, arrange the steak slices on top and surround with bean sprouts and bell pepper.
- Garnish each serving with more mint and lime wedges.
- Drizzle with noodle sauce and serve extra on the side to adjust seasoning.